WELCOME TO COURSES FOR REGISTERED DIETITIANS
Course 1: Evidence Based Dietary Management of IBS
- Cape Town – 28/29 August 2017, The River Club, Observatory
- Johannesburg – 5/6 September 2017, The Johannesburg Country Club, Woodmead
- Registration closes – 1 August 2017
Day 1 – The diagnosis and first line management of IBS
- Understanding Irritable Bowel Syndrome & Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Symptom and clinical assessment
- Medical management
- First line dietary advice
Day 2 – The Low FODMAP Diet and Beyond
- The Low FODMAP Diet & IBS – Research Update
- Low FODMAP Diet Considerations
- The Low FODMAP Diet in other populations & conditions
- The Ethics Debate
- Beyond the Low FODMAP Diet
- The EatFit Model
Cost and CEU Points
- CEU points pending (2 day course and pre-reading)
This course will provide a comprehensive review of the latest research on diet and Irritable Bowel Syndrome, incorporating interactive learning exercises, case studies and CPD points. The course offers a thorough overview of the dietary management of IBS, a detailed research update of the low FODMAP diet and guidance on medical management beyond diet.
The EatFit team pride themselves on being evidenced based and all training courses incorporate current research evidence. EatFit training programmes are delivered by dietitians with expertise in gastrointestinal health and training by King’s College, London (UK Centre for Excellence for the practice of the low FODMAP diet).
Please note that these courses are only for Registered Dietitians.
To register click here here
Course 2: Running low FODMAP programmes
This one day course will provide practical ‘know how’ on the low FODMAP diet. The course will provide training on how to run low FODMAP group programmes and detailed guidance on the low FODMAP diet process from elimination to rechallenging.
Only dietitians that have attended Course 1 will be able to register for Course 2.
- Cape Town – 16 November 2017, venue TBC