This Hummus Recipe recipe has been adapted from a recipe by Jamie Oliver so it is FODMAP friendly. Enjoy with corn crackers or on gluten free toast.
6-8 people as a starter
Hummus Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas. Drained and washed. Leave a few chickpeas on the side for decoration.
- 3 tsp tahini (can add extra to taste if desired)
- 2 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (and extra for drizzling over at the end)
- 3 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp of coriander leaves and a few for decoration
- Paprika to sprinkle over (optional)
- Put the chickpeas, tahini, garlic olive oil, lemon juice, salt, coriander and water in a food processor
- Blend the ingredients to a smooth consistency, whilst slowly adding the olive oil. More olive oil can be added to improve the consistency or taste if required.
- Spoon the hummus into a bowl, drizzle with extra olive oil, sprinkle with chickpeas and coriander (and paprika if desired).