This lentil spread replacement is perfect for those with sensitive tummies who are on the Low FODMAP Diet and still want to eat nicely!
Makes 1 bowl
Food sensitive tummies ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely grated carrot
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 1/2 tin rinsed and drained lentils
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the garlic infused oil, carrot, pepper and herbs into a frying pan, heat and cook the vegetables for a few minutes to soften
- Add the lentils, miso, vinegar and chopped parsley and mix well
- Soften and get to right consistency with extra olive oil as needed
- Season with salt and pepper
- If you prefer it smoother it can be blended at this stage
- Serve in a small dish with vegetable sticks or FODMAP friendly crackers
Here are some more foods for sensitive stomachs.
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)?
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common chronic gastrointestinal condition that affects as many as 1 in 5 of us on a daily basis. Symptoms include abdominal pain, discomfort, wind, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, rumbling noises, fatigue, backache and also nausea, depression and anxiety.
The medical definition of IBS is recurrent abdominal pain or discomfort at least 3 days a month in the past 3 months, associated with two or more of the symptoms below.
- A change in frequency of stool
- A change in appearance of stool
- An improvement in symptoms after a bowel movement
If you’re suffering, Eatfit Dietitians are here to help. Read more here: irritable bowel syndrome