Finding a low FODMAP Granola can be challenging so here is a granola that is based on low FODMAP nuts and seeds. It is also low sugar and full of healthy fats. Just keep an eye on your serving size to make sure your diet stays low FODMAP.
FODMAP Granola Ingredients:
- 100g chopped, blanched hazelnuts
- 100g chopped macadamias
- 100g almond flakes
- 50g chopped pecan nuts
- 100g sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut shavings
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Add coconut oil, cinnamon and ginger to a hot pan and mix
- Lightly toast the nuts in the pan and mix with the spices.
- Mix in the coconut and then pour the nuts onto a baking tray.
- Pour nuts onto a baking tray and place in the oven for 5-10 min. Keep an eye that they do not burn.
- Cool nuts on some kitchen paper towel before pouring into to a sealed container.
- Delicious served on 80g of fruit with lactose free yoghurt.