Tuna Fish Cakes Preparation Time:
Tuna Fish Cakes Ingredients:
- 2 cans Tuna chunks in brine, drained, save juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup gluten free white bread crumbs
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- 1 Tblsp. Tuna water
- 1 Tblsp. lemon juice
- 6-8 chives finely chopped
- 2 Tblsp. parsley, chopped
- few drops Tabasco
- Salt and pepper
- 1 raw egg
- 2 Tblsp. Olive Oil
- Drain the liquid from the tuna cans. Reserve a tablespoon of the tuna water, and add a teaspoon of olive oil to the tuna mixture in the next step.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the tuna, mustard, torn gluten free white bread, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, parsley, chives, and hot sauce. Sprinkle on salt and freshly ground black pepper. Taste the mixture before adding the egg to see if it needs more seasoning to your taste. Mix in the egg.
- Divide the mixture into 4 parts. With each part, form into a ball and then flatten into a patty. Place onto a wax paper lined tray and chill for an hour. (You can skip the chilling if you want, chilling just helps the patties stay together when you cook them.)
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron or stick-free skillet on medium high. Gently place the patties in the pan, and cook until nicely browned, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve with wedges of lemon.
Want to see more great recipes? Look here.